Fresh off making his Booth debut with January 22’s reader-acclaimed Big Dreams, T-Dot rhymesayer Flex the Antihero returns to our pages with another freshly-minted single off his next LP. Whereas its predecessor was a solo rumination on the Antiheroes member’s ambitions in the game, Medicated finds Flex joined by a couple talented colleagues. And, as often happens when musicians gather, a blunt is being passed. Despite being too faded to feel his face, the headliner turns in an agile, tightly-wound opening 16, and T-Dot’s Dillan Ponders makes a similarly impressive showing on the back. Emerson Brooks does double-duty, crafting the cut’s moody, bass-heavy beat and lending his vocals to the chorus. Are you going to spin this record at your next smoking session? If so, watch our pages for further bangers off debut mixtape SALEM, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 02/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.