Update: The Jason Baskey-directed visuals for Flex The Antihero’s Medicated single have been added.
Fresh off making his Booth debut with January 22’s reader-acclaimed Big Dreams, T-Dot rhymesayer Flex the Antihero returns to our pages with another freshly-minted single off his next LP. Whereas its predecessor was a solo rumination on the Antiheroes member’s ambitions in the game, Medicated finds Flex joined by a couple talented colleagues. And, as often happens when musicians gather, a blunt is being passed. Despite being too faded to feel his face, the headliner turns in an agile, tightly-wound opening 16, and T-Dot’s Dillan Ponders makes a similarly impressive showing on the back. Emerson Brooks does double-duty, crafting the cut’s moody, bass-heavy beat and lending his vocals to the chorus. Are you going to spin this record at your next smoking session? If so, watch our pages for further bangers off debut mixtape SALEM, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 01/16/15
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.