Fresh off making his Booth debut with January 22’s reader-acclaimed Big Dreams, T-Dot rhymesayer Flex the Antihero returns to our pages with another freshly-minted single off his next LP. Whereas its predecessor was a solo rumination on the Antiheroes member’s ambitions in the game, Medicated finds Flex joined by a couple talented colleagues. And, as often happens when musicians gather, a blunt is being passed. Despite being too faded to feel his face, the headliner turns in an agile, tightly-wound opening 16, and T-Dot’s Dillan Ponders makes a similarly impressive showing on the back. Emerson Brooks does double-duty, crafting the cut’s moody, bass-heavy beat and lending his vocals to the chorus. Are you going to spin this record at your next smoking session? If so, watch our pages for further bangers off debut mixtape SALEM, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 02/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.