Loyal readers of the DJBooth may remember Flex as one-half of The Antiheroes, the T-Dot twosome who brought us bangers like Understand and So Easy. Like many artists who first make a name for themselves as part of a crew, though, the emcee is too ambitious not to seek success on the solo tip. On lead mixtape single Big Dreams, premiering in the Booth in conjunction with Captured Films’ official visuals, Flex shows us just how much devastation he can wreak on his lonesome. Backed by the minimal, trap-informed production of MMAC and project Executive Producer Emerson Brooks, he assures listeners that he was “made for the big league.” After experiencing his relentless flow, few heads will be inclined to disagree. Feeling it? Then can your browsers locked for further details on SALEM, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Wicked" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.