Loyal readers of the DJBooth may remember Flex as one-half of The Antiheroes, the T-Dot twosome who brought us bangers like Understand and So Easy. Like many artists who first make a name for themselves as part of a crew, though, the emcee is too ambitious not to seek success on the solo tip. On lead mixtape single Big Dreams, premiering in the Booth in conjunction with Captured Films’ official visuals, Flex shows us just how much devastation he can wreak on his lonesome. Backed by the minimal, trap-informed production of MMAC and project Executive Producer Emerson Brooks, he assures listeners that he was “made for the big league.” After experiencing his relentless flow, few heads will be inclined to disagree. Feeling it? Then can your browsers locked for further details on SALEM, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.