Last October, Seattle’s Fleeta Partee made his grand entrance into The DJBooth with Apathy, a cut which received generally positive reviews but left some of our regulars a little, well, apathetic. Six months later, the emcee returns to our pages with a joint bearing a considerably more auspicious title. The lead single off a forthcoming remix album, This Is Hip-Hop is indeed hip-hop, and (if my ears don’t deceive me) damn good hip-hop at that. Booth-approved beatsmith Jake One works his magic behind the boards, creating a hazy, bass-heavy beat to back Partee as he reflects on his genre’s history and social impact. Booth newcomers Yirim Seck and John Crown expand upon the headiner’s themes in allusive guest 16s, and Jarrard Anthony ties it all together with some smooth hook vocals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Lifemuzik Duex is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Animal Houze Records/Tunecore
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)