Last October, Seattle’s Fleeta Partee made his grand entrance into The DJBooth with Apathy, a cut which received generally positive reviews but left some of our regulars a little, well, apathetic. Six months later, the emcee returns to our pages with a joint bearing a considerably more auspicious title. The lead single off a forthcoming remix album, This Is Hip-Hop is indeed hip-hop, and (if my ears don’t deceive me) damn good hip-hop at that. Booth-approved beatsmith Jake One works his magic behind the boards, creating a hazy, bass-heavy beat to back Partee as he reflects on his genre’s history and social impact. Booth newcomers Yirim Seck and John Crown expand upon the headiner’s themes in allusive guest 16s, and Jarrard Anthony ties it all together with some smooth hook vocals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Lifemuzik Duex is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Animal Houze Records/Tunecore
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.