Last October, Seattle’s Fleeta Partee made his grand entrance into The DJBooth with Apathy, a cut which received generally positive reviews but left some of our regulars a little, well, apathetic. Six months later, the emcee returns to our pages with a joint bearing a considerably more auspicious title. The lead single off a forthcoming remix album, This Is Hip-Hop is indeed hip-hop, and (if my ears don’t deceive me) damn good hip-hop at that. Booth-approved beatsmith Jake One works his magic behind the boards, creating a hazy, bass-heavy beat to back Partee as he reflects on his genre’s history and social impact. Booth newcomers Yirim Seck and John Crown expand upon the headiner’s themes in allusive guest 16s, and Jarrard Anthony ties it all together with some smooth hook vocals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Lifemuzik Duex is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
Animal Houze Records/Tunecore
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.