Followers of Judaeo-Christian faiths who don’t take full advantage of their days on this Earth can look forward to making up for lost time in heaven. When you’ve got No Religion, the lack of second chances means it’s your responsibility to get sh*t right the first time around. Two Brooklyn rap crews whose members fall into the second category, Flatbush ZOMBiES and The Underachievers share their atheistic life philosophy on a newly-released joint single. Over Rich Flyerand Erick Arc Elliott‘s hazy sample work, the Beast Coast colleagues urge their peers to “Stop tryin’ to be Jesus” (or 2Pac) and strive to fulfill their own true potential in the limited time available to them. This thought-provoking, lyrically on-point selection is set to appear on the Zombies’ forthcoming Better off Dead LP. The project currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh tracks and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/20/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.