Followers of Judaeo-Christian faiths who don’t take full advantage of their days on this Earth can look forward to making up for lost time in heaven. When you’ve got No Religion, the lack of second chances means it’s your responsibility to get sh*t right the first time around. Two Brooklyn rap crews whose members fall into the second category, Flatbush ZOMBiES and The Underachievers share their atheistic life philosophy on a newly-released joint single. Over Rich Flyerand Erick Arc Elliott‘s hazy sample work, the Beast Coast colleagues urge their peers to “Stop tryin’ to be Jesus” (or 2Pac) and strive to fulfill their own true potential in the limited time available to them. This thought-provoking, lyrically on-point selection is set to appear on the Zombies’ forthcoming Better off Dead LP. The project currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh tracks and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.