Followers of Judaeo-Christian faiths who don’t take full advantage of their days on this Earth can look forward to making up for lost time in heaven. When you’ve got No Religion, the lack of second chances means it’s your responsibility to get sh*t right the first time around. Two Brooklyn rap crews whose members fall into the second category, Flatbush ZOMBiES and The Underachievers share their atheistic life philosophy on a newly-released joint single. Over Rich Flyerand Erick Arc Elliott‘s hazy sample work, the Beast Coast colleagues urge their peers to “Stop tryin’ to be Jesus” (or 2Pac) and strive to fulfill their own true potential in the limited time available to them. This thought-provoking, lyrically on-point selection is set to appear on the Zombies’ forthcoming Better off Dead LP. The project currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh tracks and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.