Fresh off earning respectable, if not exceptional reader reviews for promo single and debut solo feature MRAZ, flesh-eating NYC duo Flatbush Zombies are back with a freshly-released cut off their sophomore street album. In contrast to its predecessor’s braggadocious theme, When in Roam has a more understated, introspective vibe. Over Erick Arc Elliot‘s melancholy, quavering piano loop, Dead Meechy Darko spits bars about his bad habits and his history of depression before handing the mic to his partner-in-rhyme for a brooding, politically-charged closing 16. This low-key banger is just one of many quality joints slated for inclusion on forthcoming mixtape Better off DEAD. Keep it locked for all the latest on the currently-unscheduled project.
Written by richard on 01/17/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.