Fresh off earning respectable, if not exceptional reader reviews for promo single and debut solo feature MRAZ, flesh-eating NYC duo Flatbush Zombies are back with a freshly-released cut off their sophomore street album. In contrast to its predecessor’s braggadocious theme, When in Roam has a more understated, introspective vibe. Over Erick Arc Elliot‘s melancholy, quavering piano loop, Dead Meechy Darko spits bars about his bad habits and his history of depression before handing the mic to his partner-in-rhyme for a brooding, politically-charged closing 16. This low-key banger is just one of many quality joints slated for inclusion on forthcoming mixtape Better off DEAD. Keep it locked for all the latest on the currently-unscheduled project.
Written by richard on 01/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.