Fresh off earning respectable, if not exceptional reader reviews for promo single and debut solo feature MRAZ, flesh-eating NYC duo Flatbush Zombies are back with a freshly-released cut off their sophomore street album. In contrast to its predecessor’s braggadocious theme, When in Roam has a more understated, introspective vibe. Over Erick Arc Elliot‘s melancholy, quavering piano loop, Dead Meechy Darko spits bars about his bad habits and his history of depression before handing the mic to his partner-in-rhyme for a brooding, politically-charged closing 16. This low-key banger is just one of many quality joints slated for inclusion on forthcoming mixtape Better off DEAD. Keep it locked for all the latest on the currently-unscheduled project.
Written by richard on 01/17/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)