Flatbush Zombies have been the recipients of some serious hype following the release of their debut street album, summer 2012’s D.R.U.G.S.—and, as far as they’re concerned, their buzz couldn’t be more justified. On their latest promo single and first solo Booth feature (we previously encountered them as guests on A$AP Mob‘s Bath Salt) they announce, “We’re the hope, n*gga,” doubling down on that lofty pronouncement with lyrical comparisons to such luminaries as Nas, Bob Marley and Randy Savage. Fresh off contributing a 16 to Uno Hype and Odd Couple‘s 100 Feet Up, Erick Arc Elliott provides a grimy, synth-led instrumental backdrop for his and his crewmates’ rhymes. Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans of the Zombies can stay tuned for all the latest from the up-and-coming trio.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Flatbush Zombies’ Phillip T. Annand-directed MRAZ visual.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.