Flatbush Zombies have been the recipients of some serious hype following the release of their debut street album, summer 2012’s D.R.U.G.S.—and, as far as they’re concerned, their buzz couldn’t be more justified. On their latest promo single and first solo Booth feature (we previously encountered them as guests on A$AP Mob‘s Bath Salt) they announce, “We’re the hope, n*gga,” doubling down on that lofty pronouncement with lyrical comparisons to such luminaries as Nas, Bob Marley and Randy Savage. Fresh off contributing a 16 to Uno Hype and Odd Couple‘s 100 Feet Up, Erick Arc Elliott provides a grimy, synth-led instrumental backdrop for his and his crewmates’ rhymes. Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans of the Zombies can stay tuned for all the latest from the up-and-coming trio.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Flatbush Zombies’ Phillip T. Annand-directed MRAZ visual.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.