Flatbush Zombies have been the recipients of some serious hype following the release of their debut street album, summer 2012’s D.R.U.G.S.—and, as far as they’re concerned, their buzz couldn’t be more justified. On their latest promo single and first solo Booth feature (we previously encountered them as guests on A$AP Mob‘s Bath Salt) they announce, “We’re the hope, n*gga,” doubling down on that lofty pronouncement with lyrical comparisons to such luminaries as Nas, Bob Marley and Randy Savage. Fresh off contributing a 16 to Uno Hype and Odd Couple‘s 100 Feet Up, Erick Arc Elliott provides a grimy, synth-led instrumental backdrop for his and his crewmates’ rhymes. Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans of the Zombies can stay tuned for all the latest from the up-and-coming trio.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Flatbush Zombies’ Phillip T. Annand-directed MRAZ visual.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.