Flatbush Zombies have been the recipients of some serious hype following the release of their debut street album, summer 2012’s D.R.U.G.S.—and, as far as they’re concerned, their buzz couldn’t be more justified. On their latest promo single and first solo Booth feature (we previously encountered them as guests on A$AP Mob‘s Bath Salt) they announce, “We’re the hope, n*gga,” doubling down on that lofty pronouncement with lyrical comparisons to such luminaries as Nas, Bob Marley and Randy Savage. Fresh off contributing a 16 to Uno Hype and Odd Couple‘s 100 Feet Up, Erick Arc Elliott provides a grimy, synth-led instrumental backdrop for his and his crewmates’ rhymes. Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans of the Zombies can stay tuned for all the latest from the up-and-coming trio.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Flatbush Zombies’ Phillip T. Annand-directed MRAZ visual.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.