Flatbush Zombies have been the recipients of some serious hype following the release of their debut street album, summer 2012’s D.R.U.G.S.—and, as far as they’re concerned, their buzz couldn’t be more justified. On their latest promo single and first solo Booth feature (we previously encountered them as guests on A$AP Mob‘s Bath Salt) they announce, “We’re the hope, n*gga,” doubling down on that lofty pronouncement with lyrical comparisons to such luminaries as Nas, Bob Marley and Randy Savage. Fresh off contributing a 16 to Uno Hype and Odd Couple‘s 100 Feet Up, Erick Arc Elliott provides a grimy, synth-led instrumental backdrop for his and his crewmates’ rhymes. Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans of the Zombies can stay tuned for all the latest from the up-and-coming trio.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Flatbush Zombies’ Phillip T. Annand-directed MRAZ visual.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.