When three crews as talented and diverse as Flatbush Zombies, Overdoz and World’s Fair come together on a single track, you can expect the result to be a little schizophrenic. Inevitable Mood Swings aside, though, this freshly-released promo single finds the (respectively) Brooklyn, L.A. and Queens collectives showcasing a surprising level of creative synergy. SPVCE, the beatsmith behind World’s Fair emcee Prince Samo‘s Gojira, provides a tension-fraught instrumental backdrop for bars that run the gamut from laid-back braggadocio, to hard-nosed street lyricism, to feverish word salad. The disparate styles on display make for a cut that’s much more than the sum of its parts—or have I got it twisted? As always, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. If you’re feeling it, you can stay tuned to the DJBooth for the latest news and tunes from each of these buzzworthy rap collectives.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.