When three crews as talented and diverse as Flatbush Zombies, Overdoz and World’s Fair come together on a single track, you can expect the result to be a little schizophrenic. Inevitable Mood Swings aside, though, this freshly-released promo single finds the (respectively) Brooklyn, L.A. and Queens collectives showcasing a surprising level of creative synergy. SPVCE, the beatsmith behind World’s Fair emcee Prince Samo‘s Gojira, provides a tension-fraught instrumental backdrop for bars that run the gamut from laid-back braggadocio, to hard-nosed street lyricism, to feverish word salad. The disparate styles on display make for a cut that’s much more than the sum of its parts—or have I got it twisted? As always, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. If you’re feeling it, you can stay tuned to the DJBooth for the latest news and tunes from each of these buzzworthy rap collectives.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.