When three crews as talented and diverse as Flatbush Zombies, Overdoz and World’s Fair come together on a single track, you can expect the result to be a little schizophrenic. Inevitable Mood Swings aside, though, this freshly-released promo single finds the (respectively) Brooklyn, L.A. and Queens collectives showcasing a surprising level of creative synergy. SPVCE, the beatsmith behind World’s Fair emcee Prince Samo‘s Gojira, provides a tension-fraught instrumental backdrop for bars that run the gamut from laid-back braggadocio, to hard-nosed street lyricism, to feverish word salad. The disparate styles on display make for a cut that’s much more than the sum of its parts—or have I got it twisted? As always, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. If you’re feeling it, you can stay tuned to the DJBooth for the latest news and tunes from each of these buzzworthy rap collectives.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.