In their work to date, the Flatbush ZOMBiES have exhibited a knack for juxtaposing gruesome lyrical themes and grimy flows with some of the most chilled-out beats that will ever grace your headphones. The Brooklyn trio’s latest single epitomizes this tend. Titled “DEATH,” the record sees Meechy Darko, Zombie Juice and Erick Arc Elliott spitting about such topics as gunplay, bleach-drinking and the Boston Marathon bombing. But Elliot’s production, featuring a boom-bap rhythm section accompanied by subdued organ chords and blissed-out ‘Ahh‘s, ensures that the record’s overall vibe is as relaxing as a bubble bath on Valium. TONE and Vinny Picone team up to direct the offbeat official visuals. For DEATH and much more, check out the ZOMBiES’ Better off Dead LP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.