In their work to date, the Flatbush ZOMBiES have exhibited a knack for juxtaposing gruesome lyrical themes and grimy flows with some of the most chilled-out beats that will ever grace your headphones. The Brooklyn trio’s latest single epitomizes this tend. Titled “DEATH,” the record sees Meechy Darko, Zombie Juice and Erick Arc Elliott spitting about such topics as gunplay, bleach-drinking and the Boston Marathon bombing. But Elliot’s production, featuring a boom-bap rhythm section accompanied by subdued organ chords and blissed-out ‘Ahh‘s, ensures that the record’s overall vibe is as relaxing as a bubble bath on Valium. TONE and Vinny Picone team up to direct the offbeat official visuals. For DEATH and much more, check out the ZOMBiES’ Better off Dead LP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.