In their work to date, the Flatbush ZOMBiES have exhibited a knack for juxtaposing gruesome lyrical themes and grimy flows with some of the most chilled-out beats that will ever grace your headphones. The Brooklyn trio’s latest single epitomizes this tend. Titled “DEATH,” the record sees Meechy Darko, Zombie Juice and Erick Arc Elliott spitting about such topics as gunplay, bleach-drinking and the Boston Marathon bombing. But Elliot’s production, featuring a boom-bap rhythm section accompanied by subdued organ chords and blissed-out ‘Ahh‘s, ensures that the record’s overall vibe is as relaxing as a bubble bath on Valium. TONE and Vinny Picone team up to direct the offbeat official visuals. For DEATH and much more, check out the ZOMBiES’ Better off Dead LP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bath Salt" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.