While it might not be fair, knowing how to play The Game of the music industry is essential if an emcee wants to succeed. Emcee FL, of Booth-featured collective The Foodchain, knows that part of the aforementioned game is enticing people to check out your material. So, what is FL’s secret tactic? He spits over a dope, winding beat (via ESTA) that features a chopped-and-screwed sample of Biggie classic Spit Your Game; that should raise some interest! Although FL could let the track’s production do the heavy lifting, he carries the cut on his back. In a raspy, blunted flow he marvels at how far he has come and lets the naysayers know that he is playing to win. Find out how long FL can go when his latest project, LIMBO, is released on August 20.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/14/13
Submit your Rating
Food Chain Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.