While it might not be fair, knowing how to play The Game of the music industry is essential if an emcee wants to succeed. Emcee FL, of Booth-featured collective The Foodchain, knows that part of the aforementioned game is enticing people to check out your material. So, what is FL’s secret tactic? He spits over a dope, winding beat (via ESTA) that features a chopped-and-screwed sample of Biggie classic Spit Your Game; that should raise some interest! Although FL could let the track’s production do the heavy lifting, he carries the cut on his back. In a raspy, blunted flow he marvels at how far he has come and lets the naysayers know that he is playing to win. Find out how long FL can go when his latest project, LIMBO, is released on August 20.
Food Chain Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.