While it might not be fair, knowing how to play The Game of the music industry is essential if an emcee wants to succeed. Emcee FL, of Booth-featured collective The Foodchain, knows that part of the aforementioned game is enticing people to check out your material. So, what is FL’s secret tactic? He spits over a dope, winding beat (via ESTA) that features a chopped-and-screwed sample of Biggie classic Spit Your Game; that should raise some interest! Although FL could let the track’s production do the heavy lifting, he carries the cut on his back. In a raspy, blunted flow he marvels at how far he has come and lets the naysayers know that he is playing to win. Find out how long FL can go when his latest project, LIMBO, is released on August 20.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/14/13
Submit your Rating
Food Chain Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.