While it might not be fair, knowing how to play The Game of the music industry is essential if an emcee wants to succeed. Emcee FL, of Booth-featured collective The Foodchain, knows that part of the aforementioned game is enticing people to check out your material. So, what is FL’s secret tactic? He spits over a dope, winding beat (via ESTA) that features a chopped-and-screwed sample of Biggie classic Spit Your Game; that should raise some interest! Although FL could let the track’s production do the heavy lifting, he carries the cut on his back. In a raspy, blunted flow he marvels at how far he has come and lets the naysayers know that he is playing to win. Find out how long FL can go when his latest project, LIMBO, is released on August 20.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/14/13
Submit your Rating
Food Chain Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.