While it might not be fair, knowing how to play The Game of the music industry is essential if an emcee wants to succeed. Emcee FL, of Booth-featured collective The Foodchain, knows that part of the aforementioned game is enticing people to check out your material. So, what is FL’s secret tactic? He spits over a dope, winding beat (via ESTA) that features a chopped-and-screwed sample of Biggie classic Spit Your Game; that should raise some interest! Although FL could let the track’s production do the heavy lifting, he carries the cut on his back. In a raspy, blunted flow he marvels at how far he has come and lets the naysayers know that he is playing to win. Find out how long FL can go when his latest project, LIMBO, is released on August 20.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/14/13
Denver emcee FL (aka F.Lawless) has linked up with The DJBooth to bring listeners his solo debut mixtape, LIMBO. The project packs 14 original jams from the underground emcee, a member of local hip-hop collective The...
Food Chain Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.