A Denver rhymesayer first introduced to our readers as part of local collective Foodchain, FL hasn’t been featured in the Booth since he linked up with us to drop his acclaimed LIMBO tape back in August of 2013. I think I speak for all his fans when I say that it’s been too damn long. Fortunately, the emcee’s skills have only grown in his Time away from our pages. Though FL’s verses here center around the familiar themes of ambition and the hustle, his introspective lyrical approach makes his bars feel utterly fresh. Over Fortune‘s bass throbs and swirling vocal samples, he makes clear that his determination to secure a place at hip-hop’s table isn’t rooted in a love of attention, spitting, “I don’t really need the fame, / I’m introverted; I don’t speak, I stay in my lane.” This lucid, yet blunted jam is slated to appear on The “Young Amsterdam” 4:20 Mixtape, set to drop via HeyFL.com on—you guessed it—April 20.
Written by richard on 04/10/14
Submit your Rating
Food Chain Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Game" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.