Recession music is in the building! Atlanta duo FKi, made up of emcees 1stdown and 88, has provided us with a Lil’ Mama-esque remix, which has been burning up the club and mixtape scenes on the low. Featuring the lovely Natalia Cappuccini, Shopaholic part deux helps GFC’s second-in-charge build off of the buzz of their Bronx general, Mickey Factz. Self-produced by the duo, the record is a great blend of house, hip-hop and Harlem swag. FKi might lose a few points for sampling that sound from most of Jeezy’s records, but if you’re looking for something to toe-wop to, this is your track.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.