Recession music is in the building! Atlanta duo FKi, made up of emcees 1stdown and 88, has provided us with a Lil’ Mama-esque remix, which has been burning up the club and mixtape scenes on the low. Featuring the lovely Natalia Cappuccini, Shopaholic part deux helps GFC’s second-in-charge build off of the buzz of their Bronx general, Mickey Factz. Self-produced by the duo, the record is a great blend of house, hip-hop and Harlem swag. FKi might lose a few points for sampling that sound from most of Jeezy’s records, but if you’re looking for something to toe-wop to, this is your track.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.