Recession music is in the building! Atlanta duo FKi, made up of emcees 1stdown and 88, has provided us with a Lil’ Mama-esque remix, which has been burning up the club and mixtape scenes on the low. Featuring the lovely Natalia Cappuccini, Shopaholic part deux helps GFC’s second-in-charge build off of the buzz of their Bronx general, Mickey Factz. Self-produced by the duo, the record is a great blend of house, hip-hop and Harlem swag. FKi might lose a few points for sampling that sound from most of Jeezy’s records, but if you’re looking for something to toe-wop to, this is your track.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.