Since I had to look it up, I’ll give y’all a hint right off the top: Fjer is pronounced like “fear,” not “fuh-jer,” and it’s Danish for “feather.” The moniker definitely fits, judging by the light, airy vocal style the Aarhus, Denmark-based singer showcases on Children, single numero uno off her forthcoming “conceptual EP.” Be that as it may, this QN5 Remix of the cut has its share of grit, thanks to Tonedeff‘s hip hop-infused production, which comes complete with guest cuts by DJ JS-1. Maryland emcee and DJBooth regular Substantial caps the record off with a poetic closing 16. Has this eclectic remix piqued your interest? Then keep your browsers locked for more fresh singles leading up to the yet-unscheduled arrival of Beautiful Home.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.