What’s better than a funky track full of funky rappers (and a specific funky homosapien)? All of the previously listed mixed with a good funky beer to drink while jamming to it. Together know as First Light, Bay Area representers Opio and Pep Love‘s first single from their upcoming album, Fallacy Fantasy, fulfills all those requirements (apart from the beer) in the form of Lighters. Produced by Unjust (of Chosen Few), Lighters has an electronic influence that reminds you of your favorite childhood video game score, but instead of running through boss levels you get several verses courtesy of First Light as well as Hieroglyphics members Casual, A-Plus and Del the Funky Homosapien. So when you press play, make sure to put your lights on; either to the music or to your blunt, that’s your choice. First Light’s upcoming album, Fallacy Fantasy, will be released through The DJBooth on Tuesday, March 26th.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.