What’s better than a funky track full of funky rappers (and a specific funky homosapien)? All of the previously listed mixed with a good funky beer to drink while jamming to it. Together know as First Light, Bay Area representers Opio and Pep Love‘s first single from their upcoming album, Fallacy Fantasy, fulfills all those requirements (apart from the beer) in the form of Lighters. Produced by Unjust (of Chosen Few), Lighters has an electronic influence that reminds you of your favorite childhood video game score, but instead of running through boss levels you get several verses courtesy of First Light as well as Hieroglyphics members Casual, A-Plus and Del the Funky Homosapien. So when you press play, make sure to put your lights on; either to the music or to your blunt, that’s your choice. First Light’s upcoming album, Fallacy Fantasy, will be released through The DJBooth on Tuesday, March 26th.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.