Update: We have added the Demerara J-directed, Bill Howard-edited visuals for First Division’s Life & Death.
For Shylow and Expertise of First Division, hip-hop music is a matter of Life & Death. And the same could be said about their rivals in the game, judging by the sheer lyrical aggression the Ontario reppers showcase on their latest mixtape single (an exclusive world premiere). Like the group’s Booth debut, The Trade, this cut is boom-bap to its core. Over project collaborator Marco Polo‘s bass-heavy, brass-fortified boardwork (complete with cuts and scratches by DJ Linx), the partners-in-rhyme engage in a little old-school line-trading as they let loose at the competition. The resultant cut will indeed “[force] cowards to flee, and doubters to reevaluate your fate before the hour [they] retaliate.” It’s also likely to leave underground heads craving more. If you fall into the aforementioned category, be sure to cop First Division’s Critical Path Pt. 1 EP when it drops January 21, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
First Division, the Ontario hip-hop crew formerly known as Pillosnatchaz, has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners their latest street release, The Critical Path Pt. 1. Their debut project as a duo, the set...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Trade" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)