Update: We have added the Demerara J-directed, Bill Howard-edited visuals for First Division’s Life & Death.
For Shylow and Expertise of First Division, hip-hop music is a matter of Life & Death. And the same could be said about their rivals in the game, judging by the sheer lyrical aggression the Ontario reppers showcase on their latest mixtape single (an exclusive world premiere). Like the group’s Booth debut, The Trade, this cut is boom-bap to its core. Over project collaborator Marco Polo‘s bass-heavy, brass-fortified boardwork (complete with cuts and scratches by DJ Linx), the partners-in-rhyme engage in a little old-school line-trading as they let loose at the competition. The resultant cut will indeed “[force] cowards to flee, and doubters to reevaluate your fate before the hour [they] retaliate.” It’s also likely to leave underground heads craving more. If you fall into the aforementioned category, be sure to cop First Division’s Critical Path Pt. 1 EP when it drops January 21, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Trade" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.