I’m a lover, not a fighter, so I don’t know what it’s like to be in a fight, but I can safely say that First Division‘s new record is what it feels like to be in a bare-knuckle B.R.A.W.L. Behind the boards, Marco Polo does what he does best: chops up a dope sample and places it atop a dusty, boom bap-based instrumental. The beat combines with the stalwart, edgy lyrical stylings of Shylow and Expertise to create a no-nonsense effort that will be music to the ears of those who appreciate an authentic, no-frills approach to hip-hop. This exclusive world premiere is the third and final pre-release single off the duo’s upcoming, Booth-hosted EP, The Critical Path Pt. 2, due out later this month.
Update: We have added the The Invisibl Hnd-directed visuals for First Division’s B.R.A.W.L. single.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Trade" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.