I’m a lover, not a fighter, so I don’t know what it’s like to be in a fight, but I can safely say that First Division‘s new record is what it feels like to be in a bare-knuckle B.R.A.W.L. Behind the boards, Marco Polo does what he does best: chops up a dope sample and places it atop a dusty, boom bap-based instrumental. The beat combines with the stalwart, edgy lyrical stylings of Shylow and Expertise to create a no-nonsense effort that will be music to the ears of those who appreciate an authentic, no-frills approach to hip-hop. This exclusive world premiere is the third and final pre-release single off the duo’s upcoming, Booth-hosted EP, The Critical Path Pt. 2, due out later this month.
Update: We have added the The Invisibl Hnd-directed visuals for First Division’s B.R.A.W.L. single.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Trade" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.