I’m slightly behind schedule on my blurb-writing today, and I hold Booth newcomer Finale partially responsible; in the process of checking out his MySpace blog, I came across “Super Finale,” a brief, frustrating and weirdly addictive Mario Bros.-inspired minigame created to promote his forthcoming LP. It’s certainly unique and creative, and those two adjectives apply equally well to the Motown emcee’s first feature, One Man Show. Leaked to the ‘net last month, the record showcases Finale as an up-and-comer with plenty of ideas and a distinctive way of expressing them. While the dense, clipped flow he employs here means that it may take more than one spin to catch his drift, his lyrical mix of braggadocio, storytelling and wordplay-driven tangents, as well as fellow Detroit native Black Milk‘s classical-sounding, arpeggiated synth backdrop make for rewarding second and third listens. Finale’s first full-length album, A Pipe Dream and a Promise, is set to drop April 7th.
Listen to More: Finale
Written by richard on 03/30/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's Mine" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.