I’m slightly behind schedule on my blurb-writing today, and I hold Booth newcomer Finale partially responsible; in the process of checking out his MySpace blog, I came across “Super Finale,” a brief, frustrating and weirdly addictive Mario Bros.-inspired minigame created to promote his forthcoming LP. It’s certainly unique and creative, and those two adjectives apply equally well to the Motown emcee’s first feature, One Man Show. Leaked to the ‘net last month, the record showcases Finale as an up-and-comer with plenty of ideas and a distinctive way of expressing them. While the dense, clipped flow he employs here means that it may take more than one spin to catch his drift, his lyrical mix of braggadocio, storytelling and wordplay-driven tangents, as well as fellow Detroit native Black Milk‘s classical-sounding, arpeggiated synth backdrop make for rewarding second and third listens. Finale’s first full-length album, A Pipe Dream and a Promise, is set to drop April 7th.
Written by richard on 03/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's Mine" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.