Round Fiend‘s way, the New Orleans rhymesayer is as reliable an institution as the local Corner Store; from early in the morning till late at night, you can find him and his clique standing “right next to the sweet shop,” ready to supply whatever it is you’ve been craving. And his prices? As the artist puts it on his latest EP single (his first feature since September’s Drop Top Chevy), “only the feds could go cheaper.” MonstaBeatz handles production on this street-ready cut, layering Southern-fried organ loops over a leisurely rhythm section. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Corner Store and much more on Fiend’s Wrapping Papers EP, released to iTunes on January 2.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
Jets Intl/Street Customs Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Made in America" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.