Don’t let the title of Fev‘s DJBooth debut fool you; while the word “Zero” brings to mind lack and nonexistence, this newly-released promo cut is all about abundance. In addition to the East Harlemite’s own witty rhymes, it boasts guest bars from not one but two fellow NYC lyricists—namely, Automatic emcee SHIRT and first-time featuree Artz. Similarly, The Mill‘s instrumental incorporates several distinct ideas. A snippet from an interview with Jimi Hendrix is abruptly interrupted by an old-school soul sample, which finally gives way to a tense, grimy groove driven by arpeggiated guitar riffs. This joint is slated to appear on each of the collaborators’ forthcoming projects, details on all of which are TBA. Guess you’ll just have to keep your browsers locked for the latest news and tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.