From Shakespearean update Romeo+Juliet to Moulin Rouge, director Baz Luhrmann’s films have frequently incorporated musical and pop-cultural anachronisms. His upcoming adaptation of The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald’s famous literary depiction of the Roaring Twenties, will apparently be no exception to the rule. Freshly-released single A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) incorporates a number of elements that would be unfamiliar to Warren G. Harding-era listeners, including the dancefloor-scorching club boardwork of frequent LMFAO collaborator GoonRock and rapped bars by Tribe veteran Q-Tip. Black Eyed Peas frontwoman Fergie‘s brassy, jazz-influenced vocals, on the other hand, would sound considerably less out-of-place. Executive Produced by Jay-Z, the official soundtrack to The Great Gatsby will feature original tunes by Beyoncé, Gotye, Emeli Sandé and more, along with contributions from Hova himself. Watch for it to hit record stores and online retailers May 7.
Written by richard on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Impacto (Remix) ft. Fergie" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.