From Shakespearean update Romeo+Juliet to Moulin Rouge, director Baz Luhrmann’s films have frequently incorporated musical and pop-cultural anachronisms. His upcoming adaptation of The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald’s famous literary depiction of the Roaring Twenties, will apparently be no exception to the rule. Freshly-released single A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) incorporates a number of elements that would be unfamiliar to Warren G. Harding-era listeners, including the dancefloor-scorching club boardwork of frequent LMFAO collaborator GoonRock and rapped bars by Tribe veteran Q-Tip. Black Eyed Peas frontwoman Fergie‘s brassy, jazz-influenced vocals, on the other hand, would sound considerably less out-of-place. Executive Produced by Jay-Z, the official soundtrack to The Great Gatsby will feature original tunes by Beyoncé, Gotye, Emeli Sandé and more, along with contributions from Hova himself. Watch for it to hit record stores and online retailers May 7.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Impacto (Remix) ft. Fergie" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.