From Shakespearean update Romeo+Juliet to Moulin Rouge, director Baz Luhrmann’s films have frequently incorporated musical and pop-cultural anachronisms. His upcoming adaptation of The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald’s famous literary depiction of the Roaring Twenties, will apparently be no exception to the rule. Freshly-released single A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) incorporates a number of elements that would be unfamiliar to Warren G. Harding-era listeners, including the dancefloor-scorching club boardwork of frequent LMFAO collaborator GoonRock and rapped bars by Tribe veteran Q-Tip. Black Eyed Peas frontwoman Fergie‘s brassy, jazz-influenced vocals, on the other hand, would sound considerably less out-of-place. Executive Produced by Jay-Z, the official soundtrack to The Great Gatsby will feature original tunes by Beyoncé, Gotye, Emeli Sandé and more, along with contributions from Hova himself. Watch for it to hit record stores and online retailers May 7.
Written by richard on 04/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Impacto (Remix) ft. Fergie" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.