As The Dutchess’ fifth and final single, Fergie‘s Clumsy continues to stumble up the charts. In order to help its final ascent is the inevitable remix; although the assistants aren’t quite who anyone would expect. Mr. ColliPark easily handles the pop-sounding synth-percussion production by turning Clumsy into a club friendly guarantee and along for the ride is his protege, the self-proclaimed “Teen of the South,” Soulja Boy (who can’t help but reference his first two singles). Taking risks can both help and hurt an artist equally. Taking a risk on the fifth and final single from an album you released last year, however, is a no brainer.
Written by Burmy on 12/10/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Impacto (Remix) ft. Fergie" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.