Seattle indie-rock band Fences may not be a household name among hip-hop heads just yet, but new single Arrows is certainly gonna expand their reach. Not only because it’s dope, but also because it finds them joined on the guest tip by a Pacific Northwest neighbor and one of the biggest acts in contemporary rap. Ryan Lewis provides a bell-laced pop-rock beat to accompany frontman Christopher Mansfield as he sings about his strained relationship with a controlling father. Macklemore grabs the mic to spit some characteristically uplifting bars on the back end. Lesser Oceans is slated to hit record stores and online retailers October 14th. Pre-order the set on iTunes and receive instant downloads of Arrows and another LP inclusion, Songs About Angels.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.