Seattle indie-rock band Fences may not be a household name among hip-hop heads just yet, but new single Arrows is certainly gonna expand their reach. Not only because it’s dope, but also because it finds them joined on the guest tip by a Pacific Northwest neighbor and one of the biggest acts in contemporary rap. Ryan Lewis provides a bell-laced pop-rock beat to accompany frontman Christopher Mansfield as he sings about his strained relationship with a controlling father. Macklemore grabs the mic to spit some characteristically uplifting bars on the back end. Lesser Oceans is slated to hit record stores and online retailers October 14th. Pre-order the set on iTunes and receive instant downloads of Arrows and another LP inclusion, Songs About Angels.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)