As you can see by my handle, I am a doctor. If you’re not feeling right, I’ll do everything I can to make you feel better. Of course, most medical treatments involve some sort of medication, so I write prescriptions that you can take to a pharmacist to get filled out. There’s one pharmacist in particular that I’ve been recommending a lot to my patients lately, and he goes by the name of Fella. As the Florida native proves on On Yac, a track off his recently-released new mixtape, he’s quite a proficient pill pusher. As Fella and guest emcee (and label boss) Plies (who also hosts the street release) spit their rejuvenating bars, WMGI serves up a sparse, street-certified beat driven by subdued synth lines and clicking percussion. If you’re still feeling under the weather after a listen to this Southern trunk banger, head down to Fella’s pharmacy and pick up A Pill & A Half—doctor’s orders!
Written by Dr. D on 07/16/09
Submit your Rating
Big Gates Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everyday Allday" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.