The FameCity Boiz may be new to our frontpage, but their philosophy could hardly be better-matched to that of DJBooth.net; like the Toronto duo, we strive to “Give You More” of what you want. Like what? Like fresh live performances (the Boiz are featured at our CMJ showcase in New York, going down Oct. 21). And exclusive world premieres – of which this new single is one. This catchy selection finds beatsmith Pierre “Swift” Dakkar serving up a thumping piano-synth instrumental as rapper Sean “Jerzee” Virgil and singer Jon Pooley earnestly promise to not just meet but exceed listener expectations; the former goes the extra mile on the lyrical tip, spitting verses densely-packed with vivid, often surprising turns of phrase (“...ladies gonna swarm like black ants on a candy corn”,) and the latter ties it all together with an infectiously smooth chorus, in addition to delivering studio-enhanced backing vocals throughout. So, readers, do you want more of what the FameCity Boiz are handing out? Then keep it locked for the latest on their forthcoming project, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date.
Written by richard on 10/10/10
Submit your Rating
Quadrophonic Entertainment Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.