The FameCity Boiz may be new to our frontpage, but their philosophy could hardly be better-matched to that of DJBooth.net; like the Toronto duo, we strive to “Give You More” of what you want. Like what? Like fresh live performances (the Boiz are featured at our CMJ showcase in New York, going down Oct. 21). And exclusive world premieres – of which this new single is one. This catchy selection finds beatsmith Pierre “Swift” Dakkar serving up a thumping piano-synth instrumental as rapper Sean “Jerzee” Virgil and singer Jon Pooley earnestly promise to not just meet but exceed listener expectations; the former goes the extra mile on the lyrical tip, spitting verses densely-packed with vivid, often surprising turns of phrase (“...ladies gonna swarm like black ants on a candy corn”,) and the latter ties it all together with an infectiously smooth chorus, in addition to delivering studio-enhanced backing vocals throughout. So, readers, do you want more of what the FameCity Boiz are handing out? Then keep it locked for the latest on their forthcoming project, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date.
Quadrophonic Entertainment Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.