The FameCity Boiz may be new to our frontpage, but their philosophy could hardly be better-matched to that of DJBooth.net; like the Toronto duo, we strive to “Give You More” of what you want. Like what? Like fresh live performances (the Boiz are featured at our CMJ showcase in New York, going down Oct. 21). And exclusive world premieres – of which this new single is one. This catchy selection finds beatsmith Pierre “Swift” Dakkar serving up a thumping piano-synth instrumental as rapper Sean “Jerzee” Virgil and singer Jon Pooley earnestly promise to not just meet but exceed listener expectations; the former goes the extra mile on the lyrical tip, spitting verses densely-packed with vivid, often surprising turns of phrase (“...ladies gonna swarm like black ants on a candy corn”,) and the latter ties it all together with an infectiously smooth chorus, in addition to delivering studio-enhanced backing vocals throughout. So, readers, do you want more of what the FameCity Boiz are handing out? Then keep it locked for the latest on their forthcoming project, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date.
Written by richard on 10/10/10
Quadrophonic Entertainment Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.