Combining a West Coast gangsta aesthetic with louche, minimalistic electronic beats, FatKidsBrotha deliver a brand of hip-hop that’s not quite like anything else on the market. Thus, about ten months without a solo feature from the ATL-by-way-of-Detroit duo, fans must be getting mighty hungry. While the mixtape to which NWA is attached actually dropped in 2011, the release of the MCMXCIII-directed official visuals is the perfect opportunity to feature the cut, which finds Dav.E and Johnny delivering deadpan street lyricism over the grimy synth production of DooRag collaborator SnubnoseFrankenstein (who also steps out from behind the boards to drop a guest verse). Fans can find NWA and much more on Eastside Paradise, available for purchase via FatKidsBrotha’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"187 (F*ck Le Police)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)