Combining a West Coast gangsta aesthetic with louche, minimalistic electronic beats, FatKidsBrotha deliver a brand of hip-hop that’s not quite like anything else on the market. Thus, about ten months without a solo feature from the ATL-by-way-of-Detroit duo, fans must be getting mighty hungry. While the mixtape to which NWA is attached actually dropped in 2011, the release of the MCMXCIII-directed official visuals is the perfect opportunity to feature the cut, which finds Dav.E and Johnny delivering deadpan street lyricism over the grimy synth production of DooRag collaborator SnubnoseFrankenstein (who also steps out from behind the boards to drop a guest verse). Fans can find NWA and much more on Eastside Paradise, available for purchase via FatKidsBrotha’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"187 (F*ck Le Police)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.