Combining a West Coast gangsta aesthetic with louche, minimalistic electronic beats, FatKidsBrotha deliver a brand of hip-hop that’s not quite like anything else on the market. Thus, about ten months without a solo feature from the ATL-by-way-of-Detroit duo, fans must be getting mighty hungry. While the mixtape to which NWA is attached actually dropped in 2011, the release of the MCMXCIII-directed official visuals is the perfect opportunity to feature the cut, which finds Dav.E and Johnny delivering deadpan street lyricism over the grimy synth production of DooRag collaborator SnubnoseFrankenstein (who also steps out from behind the boards to drop a guest verse). Fans can find NWA and much more on Eastside Paradise, available for purchase via FatKidsBrotha’s Bandcamp page.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"187 (F*ck Le Police)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.