Combining a West Coast gangsta aesthetic with louche, minimalistic electronic beats, FatKidsBrotha deliver a brand of hip-hop that’s not quite like anything else on the market. Thus, about ten months without a solo feature from the ATL-by-way-of-Detroit duo, fans must be getting mighty hungry. While the mixtape to which NWA is attached actually dropped in 2011, the release of the MCMXCIII-directed official visuals is the perfect opportunity to feature the cut, which finds Dav.E and Johnny delivering deadpan street lyricism over the grimy synth production of DooRag collaborator SnubnoseFrankenstein (who also steps out from behind the boards to drop a guest verse). Fans can find NWA and much more on Eastside Paradise, available for purchase via FatKidsBrotha’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"187 (F*ck Le Police)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.