If you thought Maybach Music Group‘s Wale was the only dread-headed rapper making noise out of the “DMV” (D.C., Maryland, Virginia) then think again. Fresh off the release of “Russian Roulette” featuring Interscope golden boy Chief Keef, D.C. emcee Fat Trel has hit us with the world premiere Where We Go. Where exactly is it that Fat Trel’s going? No clue, but its likely somewhere from “Texaco to Mexico” with someone else’s lady. Despite a few minor machismo moments Where We Go is a celebratory record, which is set to a beat courtesy of Taylor Gang producer Sledgren. Though a seemingly unexpected pairing, the combination of Sledgren’s bass-tinged production and Trel’s braggy boasts about women and “getting paper” works well. Where We Go will be featured on Fat Trel’s next project, which is currently untitled and unscheduled.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tol' U So" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.