A Houston emcee signed to indie label Young One Records, Fat Tony makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a fresh single off his forthcoming full-length. On the newly-released Hood Party, producer Tom Cruz’ springy synths and wobbly bassline back the artist as he introduces us to a few denizens of his block. Das Racist alumnus Kool A.D. lends his relentlessly pop-referential guest lyricism to verse two, and Def Jux affiliate Despot turns up the energy in his tightly-wound closing 16. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned to the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the June 11, release of Tony’s sophomore studio album, Smart Ass Black Boy.
Written by richard on 03/13/13
Houstonian rhymesayer Fat Tony has unleashed his fourth independent full-length, Smart Ass Black Boy, via Young One Records. Created in collaboration with ATL's Shaka "Tom Cruz" Girvan, who produces all 11 tracks, the project...
Young One Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"God Bless America" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.