A Houston emcee signed to indie label Young One Records, Fat Tony makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a fresh single off his forthcoming full-length. On the newly-released Hood Party, producer Tom Cruz’ springy synths and wobbly bassline back the artist as he introduces us to a few denizens of his block. Das Racist alumnus Kool A.D. lends his relentlessly pop-referential guest lyricism to verse two, and Def Jux affiliate Despot turns up the energy in his tightly-wound closing 16. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned to the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the June 11, release of Tony’s sophomore studio album, Smart Ass Black Boy.
Written by richard on 03/13/13
Submit your Rating
Young One Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"God Bless America" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)