A Houston emcee signed to indie label Young One Records, Fat Tony makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a fresh single off his forthcoming full-length. On the newly-released Hood Party, producer Tom Cruz’ springy synths and wobbly bassline back the artist as he introduces us to a few denizens of his block. Das Racist alumnus Kool A.D. lends his relentlessly pop-referential guest lyricism to verse two, and Def Jux affiliate Despot turns up the energy in his tightly-wound closing 16. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned to the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the June 11, release of Tony’s sophomore studio album, Smart Ass Black Boy.
Written by richard on 03/13/13
Submit your Rating
Young One Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"God Bless America" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.