A Houston emcee signed to indie label Young One Records, Fat Tony makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a fresh single off his forthcoming full-length. On the newly-released Hood Party, producer Tom Cruz’ springy synths and wobbly bassline back the artist as he introduces us to a few denizens of his block. Das Racist alumnus Kool A.D. lends his relentlessly pop-referential guest lyricism to verse two, and Def Jux affiliate Despot turns up the energy in his tightly-wound closing 16. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned to the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the June 11, release of Tony’s sophomore studio album, Smart Ass Black Boy.
Written by richard on 03/13/13
Submit your Rating
Young One Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"God Bless America" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.