A Houston emcee signed to indie label Young One Records, Fat Tony makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a fresh single off his forthcoming full-length. On the newly-released Hood Party, producer Tom Cruz’ springy synths and wobbly bassline back the artist as he introduces us to a few denizens of his block. Das Racist alumnus Kool A.D. lends his relentlessly pop-referential guest lyricism to verse two, and Def Jux affiliate Despot turns up the energy in his tightly-wound closing 16. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned to the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the June 11, release of Tony’s sophomore studio album, Smart Ass Black Boy.
Written by richard on 03/13/13
Submit your Rating
Young One Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"God Bless America" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.