The name “Chad Lamont Butler” not ringing a bell? Perhaps you know him better as Pimp C of legendary H-Town duo UGK. On his first DJBooth feature to date, emcee/producer Fat Tone offers up a dedication to the late Butler in more than just name. Atop his own foggy, chopped production, Tone channels his inner Pimp C, exhibiting a crisp, yet leaning flow as he delivers his luxurious bars. Tone’s guest, fellow DMV native Culla, plays the role of Bun B, showcasing a deeper-voiced, unwavering flow that would make the Houston mainstay proud. If Chad Lamont Butler has piqued your interest, watch our pages for further release details and singles leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of Tone’s next project, Your Average Bear.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.