It may be hard to believe that any modern-day Dirty South rappers took inspiration from the ‘80s pioneers who laid the groundwork for hip-hop to come, but Dallas native Fat Pimp is one of the few for whom that is truly is the case. As he demonstrates how Fresh he is, his 80s-baby roots come through loud and clear; dropping references to the Beastie Boys’ Paul Revere, LL Cool J‘s Rock the Bells and Doin’ It, and Slick Rick’s La Di Da Di while showing off his old-school fashion sense (think Adidas outfit with the gold cable). Production team DSF do what they do best, investing a minimal sound with classic flair and cementing Fresh as a record with plenty to offer old-school and new-school hip-hop heads alike. Fat Pimp’s debut album, Swag School, is expected to be released later in ‘09.
Listen to More: Fat Pimp
Written by Burmy on 03/24/09
Submit your Rating
Somethin Serious Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.