When you are given the nickname “Joey Crack,” it makes perfect sense to write and record a song entitled, That White. Right? Well, off his forthcoming album, Elephant In The Room, the under-appreciated (his term, no ours) MC spits thankful bars about cocaine, while record scratches from prominent producer DJ Premier lace a New York-style beat. Strangely enough, despite his nickname and the constant references to blow in his music, Fat Joe admitted to DJBooth that he doesn’t do any drugs and rarely drinks. Regardless of the song’s relationship to real life, listen to Mr. “Crilla Mania” bless the existence of crack rock when his new album drops on March 11.
Written by DJ Z on 03/2/08
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.