When you are given the nickname “Joey Crack,” it makes perfect sense to write and record a song entitled, That White. Right? Well, off his forthcoming album, Elephant In The Room, the under-appreciated (his term, no ours) MC spits thankful bars about cocaine, while record scratches from prominent producer DJ Premier lace a New York-style beat. Strangely enough, despite his nickname and the constant references to blow in his music, Fat Joe admitted to DJBooth that he doesn’t do any drugs and rarely drinks. Regardless of the song’s relationship to real life, listen to Mr. “Crilla Mania” bless the existence of crack rock when his new album drops on March 11.
Written by DJ Z on 03/2/08
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.