When you are given the nickname “Joey Crack,” it makes perfect sense to write and record a song entitled, That White. Right? Well, off his forthcoming album, Elephant In The Room, the under-appreciated (his term, no ours) MC spits thankful bars about cocaine, while record scratches from prominent producer DJ Premier lace a New York-style beat. Strangely enough, despite his nickname and the constant references to blow in his music, Fat Joe admitted to DJBooth that he doesn’t do any drugs and rarely drinks. Regardless of the song’s relationship to real life, listen to Mr. “Crilla Mania” bless the existence of crack rock when his new album drops on March 11.
Written by DJ Z on 03/2/08
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.