Cormac McCarthy’s No Country for Old Men and its critically-acclaimed, Coen Bros.-directed film adaptation follows the aftermath of a drug deal gone wrong through the intertwined narratives of three main characters. On the latest single off his 11th LP (following the reader-approved Another Round), Fat Joe retells the story with a few minor twists: instead of a Sheriff, a war veteran and a psychopathic hitman playing a bloody game of cat-and-mouse along the U.S.-Mexican border, it’s Joey Crack, 2 Chainz and French Montana showing off their respective bankrolls over the synth-driven street boardwork of Infared. You know, now that I reread what I just wrote, the similarities aren’t all that extensive. Regardless, connoisseurs of high-rolling trap-rap will find a lot to like in the collaborators’ flossed-out verses, which come packed with flossed-out block talk and an eclectic array of pop-culture references. So, Booth readers, is this cut a worthy follow-up to Fat Joe’s hit lead single? Debate away—and keep it locked for details on the headliner’s currently-untitled/unscheduled set, as well as Chainz’ Def Jam solo debut (Based on a T.R.U. Story, due out August 14) and Montana’s freshman full-length via Bad Boy (Excuse My French, currently unscheduled).
Written by richard on 04/30/12
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.