Cormac McCarthy’s No Country for Old Men and its critically-acclaimed, Coen Bros.-directed film adaptation follows the aftermath of a drug deal gone wrong through the intertwined narratives of three main characters. On the latest single off his 11th LP (following the reader-approved Another Round), Fat Joe retells the story with a few minor twists: instead of a Sheriff, a war veteran and a psychopathic hitman playing a bloody game of cat-and-mouse along the U.S.-Mexican border, it’s Joey Crack, 2 Chainz and French Montana showing off their respective bankrolls over the synth-driven street boardwork of Infared. You know, now that I reread what I just wrote, the similarities aren’t all that extensive. Regardless, connoisseurs of high-rolling trap-rap will find a lot to like in the collaborators’ flossed-out verses, which come packed with flossed-out block talk and an eclectic array of pop-culture references. So, Booth readers, is this cut a worthy follow-up to Fat Joe’s hit lead single? Debate away—and keep it locked for details on the headliner’s currently-untitled/unscheduled set, as well as Chainz’ Def Jam solo debut (Based on a T.R.U. Story, due out August 14) and Montana’s freshman full-length via Bad Boy (Excuse My French, currently unscheduled).
Written by richard on 04/30/12
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.