Earlier this week, Fat Joe unleashed the official visuals for Ballin, a record which found the emcee reveling in the opulence he enjoys as a result of his success in the game. Now, however, those same luxuries have brought on a crisis of confidence. On new promo single Love Me Long Time, the Bronx veteran asks his girl whether she’d still have the same feelings for him, if it weren’t for his high-rolling lifestyle. illa Da Producer provides an airy synth backdrop for Joe’s verses, wisely choosing not to sample the Full Metal Jacket scene which inspired this joint’s title, and Ciara‘s main squeeze, Future, lends his Auto-Tuned vocals to the hook. Love Me is not part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Fat Joe’s plans as details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/24/13
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.