A year after releasing The Elephant in the Room, Fat Joe is still searching for a way to return to his late ‘90s-to-mid-2000s level of prominence. Inspired by his ‘01 multi-platinum senior album, J.O.S.E. (Jealous Ones Still Envy), which spawned the hits We Thuggin’ and What’s Luv? (the latter of which was his biggest hit to date), J.C. has gone the ‘sequel’ route on his latest LP, set to drop May 16th. Despite being strictly a street release, Hey Joe would make a perfect introductory track to the album—as Joey Crack warms up his lyrical muscles, peppering his rhymes with subtle jabs at 50 Cent and G-Unit, longtime producer Infamous samples the classic Jimi Hendrix cut of the same name (best known as the rock legend’s Woodstock finale); the result is sure leave listeners buzzing about J.O.S.E. 2, as well as (hopefully) moving units when the album hits stores and online retailers.
Written by Burmy on 03/22/09
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.