Of all the U.S.’ hip-hop hotspots, Miami is undoubtedly the best vacation destination—take it from Fat Joe, who, though he hails from the Bronx, splits his time between NYC and the MIA (thank you very much, Khaled). It seems that Joe’s time in the Panhandle State has given him a taste for other tropical climates; on the newest potential single off J.O.S.E. 2 (dropping September 22), Joe and two fellow 305 residents take a 6,160-mile journey to say Aloha to the female denizens of sunny Hawaii. Though many will point to Pleasure P‘s Shone-esque hook as this track’s highlight, the main attraction for this writer was hearing Rico Love rap again—despite two-and-a-half years in the strictly-songwriting mode, he hasn’t lost a single step. Complete with a beat by Division One star producers EHood and E2, this cut will doubtless meet a Booth reception as warm as the weather in the state that inspired it.
Written by Burmy on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.