Of all the U.S.’ hip-hop hotspots, Miami is undoubtedly the best vacation destination—take it from Fat Joe, who, though he hails from the Bronx, splits his time between NYC and the MIA (thank you very much, Khaled). It seems that Joe’s time in the Panhandle State has given him a taste for other tropical climates; on the newest potential single off J.O.S.E. 2 (dropping September 22), Joe and two fellow 305 residents take a 6,160-mile journey to say Aloha to the female denizens of sunny Hawaii. Though many will point to Pleasure P‘s Shone-esque hook as this track’s highlight, the main attraction for this writer was hearing Rico Love rap again—despite two-and-a-half years in the strictly-songwriting mode, he hasn’t lost a single step. Complete with a beat by Division One star producers EHood and E2, this cut will doubtless meet a Booth reception as warm as the weather in the state that inspired it.
Written by Burmy on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.