Though Fat Joe‘s had his share of hit singles, don’t make the mistake of thinking he’s left the streets behind. As the Akon-assisted One continues its journey up the charts, Joey Crack keeps feeding the block with street bangers. On the newly-released Cup Cake, Don Cartagena continues the tradition of using sweet treats as a euphemism for a certain street product (see Wu-Tang‘s Ice Cream, Snoop‘s Candy, and Joc‘s Coffee Shop). Underground Miami Beach rapper Benisour adds to the appeal on his hook and the second verse—in fact, he gets more mic time than he did on his previous two Booth features! Shief‘s boardwork tops Cup Cake off like a good layer of frosting, making the record a tasty treat for those with a sweet tooth for block anthems. J.O.S.E. 2 hits stores and online retailers May 19, and fans should stay tuned to the Booth for Joe’s exclusive interview with our own DJ Z earlier that month.
Written by Burmy on 04/5/09
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)