Though Fat Joe‘s had his share of hit singles, don’t make the mistake of thinking he’s left the streets behind. As the Akon-assisted One continues its journey up the charts, Joey Crack keeps feeding the block with street bangers. On the newly-released Cup Cake, Don Cartagena continues the tradition of using sweet treats as a euphemism for a certain street product (see Wu-Tang‘s Ice Cream, Snoop‘s Candy, and Joc‘s Coffee Shop). Underground Miami Beach rapper Benisour adds to the appeal on his hook and the second verse—in fact, he gets more mic time than he did on his previous two Booth features! Shief‘s boardwork tops Cup Cake off like a good layer of frosting, making the record a tasty treat for those with a sweet tooth for block anthems. J.O.S.E. 2 hits stores and online retailers May 19, and fans should stay tuned to the Booth for Joe’s exclusive interview with our own DJ Z earlier that month.
Written by Burmy on 04/5/09
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.