With eight studio albums under his belt, Fat Joe remains the metaphorical Elephant in the Room – a prolific, talented artist who hasn’t quite managed to achieve recognition as a hip-hop heavyweight. Hoping to change that with the summer release of his currently-untitled ninth studio album, Joey Crack has enlisted superstar emcee/producer Akon to create a single aimed squarely at the ladies. Over a downtempo, synth-laced beat by the Konvict Muzik head honcho, the emcee pours out his heart to a woman he thinks could be the One. Taking advantage of a proven formula, this cut will undoubtedly find a place in the hearts of many female listeners, but the repetitive hook (also by Akon) may limit its potential for enduring success. Could the album formerly known as Nino “Dubs” Deluca be the One that finally gets Joe the respect he deserves? We’ll have to wait and see…
Written by richard on 02/1/09
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.