With eight studio albums under his belt, Fat Joe remains the metaphorical Elephant in the Room – a prolific, talented artist who hasn’t quite managed to achieve recognition as a hip-hop heavyweight. Hoping to change that with the summer release of his currently-untitled ninth studio album, Joey Crack has enlisted superstar emcee/producer Akon to create a single aimed squarely at the ladies. Over a downtempo, synth-laced beat by the Konvict Muzik head honcho, the emcee pours out his heart to a woman he thinks could be the One. Taking advantage of a proven formula, this cut will undoubtedly find a place in the hearts of many female listeners, but the repetitive hook (also by Akon) may limit its potential for enduring success. Could the album formerly known as Nino “Dubs” Deluca be the One that finally gets Joe the respect he deserves? We’ll have to wait and see…
Written by richard on 02/1/09
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.