While Fat Joe‘s 2011 diet and exercise regimen has yielded such impressive results (seriously, Google the pics) that I’m declaring a personal moratorium on weight-related wisecracks, the man has still, without a doubt, got the body mass to drink a relative shrimp like yours truly under the table. Thus, the the title of the lead single off Joey Crack’s forthcoming 11th album immediately summoned up images of the emcee pounding back glass after glass of liquor at the local spot. As it turns out, though, I had it completely twisted; Another Round actually refers to Fat Joe’s marathon sessions between the sheets. Contrary to the name, Young Ladd keeps it grown and sexy on the production tip, layering ‘80s-esque synths over kick-handclap percussion as Joe details his X-rated (and seasonally appropriate!) plans for a special girl: “Lovin’ how it last long, leave the sheets gooshy / F*ck you with the mask on, Halloween p*ssy.” Chris Breezy excels as usual on the chorus, as well as detailing a steamy scenario of his own (chocolate syrup and ice cubes factor in) on the guest verse. Fat Joe’s latest full-length The Darkside Vol. 2 has yet to receive a solid drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing know where to keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 10/20/11
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.