Let’s face it: rappers are known for trying to promote every one of their records like it’s the rap version of Thriller. I can’t even tell you how many emails my dude DJ Z probably gets with the subject line, “HOTTEST RECORD… EVER”. However, when Fat Joe promptly proclaimed that “the streets will never be the same” after he drops his new single with R&B stud Trey Songz, he wasn’t lying. The Bronx legend’s latest collaboration, a jazz influenced banger, If It Ain’t About Money sounds like the score to a night out in Miami. With Joey delivering some of the best bars he’s ever spit on a single, Trey Songz lives up to his title as the “Prince of R&B” and really brings this one home with an excellently sung hook. But the standing ovation really goes to producers Cool & Dre who craft what could be one of the summer’s anthems. This may not be the next Thriller, but it’s safe to say that Joey Crack has a monster single on his hands. It may be just the thing Joe needs to propel his upcoming album The Darkside Vol.1, due out on June 29, to the top of the charts.
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.