Let’s face it: rappers are known for trying to promote every one of their records like it’s the rap version of Thriller. I can’t even tell you how many emails my dude DJ Z probably gets with the subject line, “HOTTEST RECORD… EVER”. However, when Fat Joe promptly proclaimed that “the streets will never be the same” after he drops his new single with R&B stud Trey Songz, he wasn’t lying. The Bronx legend’s latest collaboration, a jazz influenced banger, If It Ain’t About Money sounds like the score to a night out in Miami. With Joey delivering some of the best bars he’s ever spit on a single, Trey Songz lives up to his title as the “Prince of R&B” and really brings this one home with an excellently sung hook. But the standing ovation really goes to producers Cool & Dre who craft what could be one of the summer’s anthems. This may not be the next Thriller, but it’s safe to say that Joey Crack has a monster single on his hands. It may be just the thing Joe needs to propel his upcoming album The Darkside Vol.1, due out on June 29, to the top of the charts.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/24/10
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.