Since the film 300 was released last March, the legend of the tiny Spartan army (and their valiant fight against the much more powerful Persians) has been at the forefront of pop culture. Inspired by the story (or just the movie) is Bronx legend Fat Joe, who takes the role of King Leonidas, as he leads his Terror Squad army in a “street war.” Joey Crack’s deeds to his enemies are about as violent as you can get (”cut your testicles/stuff ‘em in your mouth where them lil’ sh*ts belong”), but remember there remains a large difference between real battles and those found on wax. With JC doing his part, the rest of the fire comes from the sampling of the movie’s first fight scene (”this is where we fight, and this is where they die”). Sound the warning horns; The Elephant In The Room stampedes into stores and online retailers on March 11th.
Written by Burmy on 01/14/08
Submit your Rating
R4 So Valid, LLC/Terror Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Blood (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.