If you wake up on a Sunday morning (hangover optional) with a smile on your face, it’s highly likely that you thoroughly enjoyed your Saturday evening (or maybe it was the early morning hours, wink wink). This might inspire you to treat every night like its Saturday, but if it doesn’t, you could always settle on remixing an underground classic; this is exactly what West Coast native Fashawn, whose One Shot One Kill mixtape was recently featured in the Booth, has done to Toronto emcee k-os’s ’07 single, Sunday Morning. Set to be featured on his forthcoming Higher Learning mixtape, Sunday Morning (whose original version peaked at #19 on the Canadian Billboard Hot 100) is the first of three records to be previewed in the time leading up to the December 24 drop via NahRight and OnSmash.
Written by DJ Z on 12/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.