If you wake up on a Sunday morning (hangover optional) with a smile on your face, it’s highly likely that you thoroughly enjoyed your Saturday evening (or maybe it was the early morning hours, wink wink). This might inspire you to treat every night like its Saturday, but if it doesn’t, you could always settle on remixing an underground classic; this is exactly what West Coast native Fashawn, whose One Shot One Kill mixtape was recently featured in the Booth, has done to Toronto emcee k-os’s ’07 single, Sunday Morning. Set to be featured on his forthcoming Higher Learning mixtape, Sunday Morning (whose original version peaked at #19 on the Canadian Billboard Hot 100) is the first of three records to be previewed in the time leading up to the December 24 drop via NahRight and OnSmash.
Written by DJ Z on 12/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.