On Santiago’s Revenge, a mixtape inclusion leaked way back in summer 2010, Fashawn shot back at the sucker emcees attacking him out of jealousy for his superior mic skills. Nearly two years later, the Grizzly City rhymesayer’s only grown into a bigger target; thus, he’s back to cut the haters down to size once again on Santiago’s Revenge 2. Draft handles production duties on this unreleased banger, juxtaposing high-pitched vocal samples with a lumbering bassline and bone-crushing percussion as the freestyle series alumnus peppers the competition with high-caliber lyrical ammunition. As usual, Fash’s allusive punchlines come hard and fast. He even repurposes and expands on a line from Talib‘s classic Get By: “I paint a picture like Norman Mailer / Feel ‘em watchin’ like Rockwell / B*tch I’m hot as Scotchdale / I’m so confident I will not fail.” While this hard-hitting cut won’t be featured on the project, those digging it will undoubtedly find more to like on Fashawn’s Champagne & Styrofoam Cups mixtape. Keep it locked for details on the project, which is on the verge of completion and slated to receive a solid release date next week.
Written by richard on 03/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.