On Santiago’s Revenge, a mixtape inclusion leaked way back in summer 2010, Fashawn shot back at the sucker emcees attacking him out of jealousy for his superior mic skills. Nearly two years later, the Grizzly City rhymesayer’s only grown into a bigger target; thus, he’s back to cut the haters down to size once again on Santiago’s Revenge 2. Draft handles production duties on this unreleased banger, juxtaposing high-pitched vocal samples with a lumbering bassline and bone-crushing percussion as the freestyle series alumnus peppers the competition with high-caliber lyrical ammunition. As usual, Fash’s allusive punchlines come hard and fast. He even repurposes and expands on a line from Talib‘s classic Get By: “I paint a picture like Norman Mailer / Feel ‘em watchin’ like Rockwell / B*tch I’m hot as Scotchdale / I’m so confident I will not fail.” While this hard-hitting cut won’t be featured on the project, those digging it will undoubtedly find more to like on Fashawn’s Champagne & Styrofoam Cups mixtape. Keep it locked for details on the project, which is on the verge of completion and slated to receive a solid release date next week.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.