In my review of Fashawn’s dope new album Boy Meets World I wrote that the Cali-based emcee finds hip-hop hope in a world that can often feel devoid of it. Case in point: Samsonite Man, the third single off the album. Exile, who produced the entire album, delivers another soulful piece of quality beat work for Fashawn to tell his tales of both physical and mental journeying over, and the man delivers with everyman lyrics like: “It’s the heart that guides me, my mind just follows.” Add a strong guest verse from fellow Californian Blu and you’ve got another solid addition to Fashawn’s growing résumé. Will this track do for Samsonite luggage what Diddy did for Cristal wine? I doubt it, but I do smell a new theme song for the company (I want 10 percent of the deal). Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest from Fashawn and Boy Meets World.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)