In my review of Fashawn’s dope new album Boy Meets World I wrote that the Cali-based emcee finds hip-hop hope in a world that can often feel devoid of it. Case in point: Samsonite Man, the third single off the album. Exile, who produced the entire album, delivers another soulful piece of quality beat work for Fashawn to tell his tales of both physical and mental journeying over, and the man delivers with everyman lyrics like: “It’s the heart that guides me, my mind just follows.” Add a strong guest verse from fellow Californian Blu and you’ve got another solid addition to Fashawn’s growing résumé. Will this track do for Samsonite luggage what Diddy did for Cristal wine? I doubt it, but I do smell a new theme song for the company (I want 10 percent of the deal). Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest from Fashawn and Boy Meets World.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.