In my review of Fashawn’s dope new album Boy Meets World I wrote that the Cali-based emcee finds hip-hop hope in a world that can often feel devoid of it. Case in point: Samsonite Man, the third single off the album. Exile, who produced the entire album, delivers another soulful piece of quality beat work for Fashawn to tell his tales of both physical and mental journeying over, and the man delivers with everyman lyrics like: “It’s the heart that guides me, my mind just follows.” Add a strong guest verse from fellow Californian Blu and you’ve got another solid addition to Fashawn’s growing résumé. Will this track do for Samsonite luggage what Diddy did for Cristal wine? I doubt it, but I do smell a new theme song for the company (I want 10 percent of the deal). Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest from Fashawn and Boy Meets World.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.