First Dirty Money, then Vonnegutt; what’s with all the home oriented records? Whatever. If this is what’s happening in the hood, I’ll take DJBooth Freestyle Alum Fashawn‘s Going Home record over the others that have released in the past few weeks. Not because his version is more authentic, but because he went in over a Javelin beat, which tells a story of its own with details like UFO beam-ups, stars twinkling and birds chirping. While I’m not one for “cute” beats, this production work suits Fashawn’s delivery perfectly as he brings emotions dressed in Kanye’s red windbreaker and gold chain: “Sometimes I feel like I’m writing my life away / in the studio night and day / lightin’ haze / spittin’ like I’m twice me age.” Fash has properly told the story of his come-up in the music industry before, and Going Home just adds to the collection of tracks that fit his storybook catalog. Fittingly, this song is the latest in Fashawn’s Sunday School series and will be released on his upcoming mixtape, Higher Learning, set to be released in March.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 12/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.